Lower Klamath River Steelhead Fly Fishing Guiding & Lodging
Located near the towns of Klamath River, Crescent City & Brookings Oregon.
We fly fish the Lower Klamath with both fly and spey rods as in August steelhead and salmon start to appear with migrations getting more and more intense as October approaches. Then if the rains come after October 1st more steelhead arrived and by November it’s game on for fly fishing this river.
$475 One or Two Anglers Per Day Includes Lunch, Gear and Flies in a McKenzie Drift Boat.
$300 per person for Summertime Jet Boat Trips.
Ask Us About Fly Fishing Steelhead & Salmon In Northern California Coastal Rivers On Up Into Oregon And Lodging too. We also offer trips on the Sandy, Clackamas, Metolius, Deschutes, Rogue, Umpqua Rivers, McKenzie, Santiam, the Fall River, Crooked, and most of the Cascade Lakes in Oregon. Trinity, Smith & Eel Rivers in Northern California.
When you land a Lower Klamath River Steelhead you’ll want to come back again next year for this amazing journey up this historic California river. The Klamath River is one of the most dramatic California coastal rivers where seeing wildlife such as bears and bob cats isn’t too rare here, much of how it was a hundred years ago still exists here.
Our Lodge On the lower klamath
Our lodge rests at the mouth of klamath river where we take you daily on floats on the klamath river and other nearby rivers.
Our lodge can accommodate larger groups. Has 6-8 beds. 2 kings, Queen, double and 4 singles. Three bed rooms, two with their own bathrooms, a loft with a king sized bed and the office has two singles. The pricing includes lodging meals and fishing.
* 3 nights/ 2 days fishing $1295 * 4 Nights/ 3 days fishing $1895 * 5 nights/ 4 days fishing $2495 Per person
Lodge Amenities Include:
- Commercial kitchen, fully furnished
- 2 Ovens
- Gas Stove-top
- 3 Bedrooms
- Loft with queen bed
- Sleep sofa
- Sleeps 6-12 people
- 3 baths
- Open living room with wood burning fireplace
- Linen service
- Flatscreen TV and cable service
- Office/den area
- Full size washer and dryer
- 2 Level wrap-around deck
LODGING & MOTELS IN THE AREA
Historic Requa Inn
451 Requa Rd, Klamath, CA 95548, United States
15495 US-101 ·
Klamath's Camper Corral
18151 US-101 ·
Camp Marigold Garden Cottages
16101 US-101 ·
LIST OF FLIES FOR FLY FISHING LOWER KLAMATH RIVER
TRADITIONAL SWING FLIES USING SPEY RODS
- Lady Caroline
- Skewey's Spawning Purple
- Golden Demon
- Fire Ant
- Green Butted Skunk
- Mojo Magic
- Purple Peril
- Purple Matuka
- Freight Train
- Egg Sucking Leech
NYMPHS WITH INDICATOR ON 7 & 8 WT. FLY RODS 9 TO 10 FEET
- Black Rubber Legs 8 & 6
- Brown Rubber Legs 10 8 & 6
- Prince Nymph 12
- Amber Prince 12 & 14
- Gorman Eggs 14
- Fox Poopah Beaded Tan 14
- Poxy Back Hairs Ear 10 & 8
- Pink Beads 10 & 8 MM Treated w/ Revlon Nail Polish
- Psycho Prince 14
- October Caddis 10
- Black Copper John 14 & 12
- Red Copper John 14 & 12 Various Eggs In Various Colors 10 mm & 8 mm
GEAR RECOMMENDATIONS FOR LOWER KLAMATH RIVER
- Fish species: Steelhead & Salmon
- Fishing season: December through March
- Nearest airport: Crescent City, CA.
- Recommended fly fishing leader: 9 foot leader 0X
- Recommended fly fishing tippet: 1X or 0X Tippet for streamers or Spey. 3X 2X Tippet For Nymphing
- Best fly fishing rod: 9 & 10 foot - 7 or 8 weight
- Best floating fly line: WF Rio Fly Line for Nymphing
- Best sinking fly line: Skagit Heads and a Variety of Sink Tips T8, T11, T14 in 10’-12’ Lengths.
- Fly lines: Sink Tip or Floating Line