Belize Fly Fishing
Fly Fishing Guides Belize City * Hopkins * Placencia * Punta Gorda * Dangriga * San Pedro * Caye Caulker * Ambergris Caye * Turniff Reef. Day Trips All Gear Included. One Day Fly Fishing Guides In All Areas Of Belize, Includes All Gear Needed, Fly Rod & Reels, Salt Water Flies & A Great Lunch For $450 USD For 2 Anglers. For A Day Trip And A Half Day Trips for $300. The Best Area Guides At The Lowest Rates, #1 Fly Fishing Outfitter On Tripadvisor For Belize Since 1994. A Leader In Cruise Ship Fly Fishing & Tour Excursions. Let Us Help You With A Custom Itinerary For Belize For Free.
Jack Trout is an exceptional guy...he was super nice over the phone and laid out expectations very clearly, with great communication the entire time. We got off of our cruise ship and Dennis Young was waiting for us at the dock as promised. He was all set up with 3 super nice fly outfits with top of the line Hatch Reels! The weather was perfect, and we immediately set out to slay some tarpon under some bird frenzies and busting bait right off the dock! The Tarpon were going nuts, and with a couple good hookups and some acrobatic jumps on 70 lb tarpon, I was already smiling ear to ear!
Once my arm was dead from casting an 11 weight rod, we set out for the flats to get some shots at some nice bones. Along the way we saw a tight school of large Jack Crevalle and stopped to hook up with a nice one! Man those things can pull hard!!!
The wind had shifted that day making conditions abnormal, but Dennis Young was able to adjust his locations and strategy to get us shots at plenty of nice bones! After I landed the biggest Bonefish I've ever caught, it was time to head back to the cruise ship. One of the best days I've ever had fly fishing in the tropics, and basically in downtown Belize City!!!
I'll be booking guides through Jack Trout every time in the future. He has the best guides at the best rates, and is an awesome guy!!
Day Trips All Gear Included
Much of the reef complex is a tropical wonderland. There are few signs of human encroachment (had Gilligan been shipwrecked here he no doubt would have refused rescue). Marl flats, just to the south, are likely to produce world-record permit over the next few years. Tarpon up to 100 pounds make their home in countless lagoons, channels and river mouths. Bonefish are readily available along the barrier reef and transitional flats. Glover's Reef, a thirty minute ride from our lodge on the mainland, is one of the last great frontiers for salt water fly fishing. Schools in excess of several hundred fish are routinely spotted and jumped.
Every season our customers catch bonefish over 8 lbs and permit over 15 lbs in numbers not available elsewhere in Belize. We are the only fly fishing company offering regular angling in these waters. Most days you're likely to be the only fisherman in sight. You will experience a world largely unknown, all combined with the comradery and expertise of your guide and top flat boats and equipment.
We also offer lodging on Glover's Reef in single room cabanas for early morning fly fishing escapes! Along with day trips we encourage our guests to take advantage of the overnight/guided lodging on Glover's Reef. All of our guides have spent their entire lives in the immediate area. They speak fluent English. They know fishermen and fish, and make it their mission to put you in proximity to some of the best angling you will ever experience. Groups of four or more are personally hosted by Jack Trout.
Testimonial Emails :
Jack, I'm still thinking about the trip and just wanted to drop you a note to let you know what an awesome time we had in Belize. Handling a group of ten brothers, sister, spouses, girlfreinds and parents I'm sure was not easy. Your ability to consider all of our interests, vary from the plan, and adapt on the fly was really great. From scuba diving at Glover's reef to the Mayan cave tour to the incredible (bone, permit, barracuda, etc) fishing... all of it was just outstanding. Great accommodations, great food and drink, and the fantastic guides you put together really made the trip very special. I'm a stickler for planning and I can't say that I've been on trip where I haven't had to worry about a thing. You really did a tremendous job!! LETS DO IT AGAIN
Richard Gebhart, DVM Redding, California
Bravo Jack from the Mom as well. This Belize trip was without a doubt the best and more important trip of Richard's and my life and we have had some wonderful trips. The fact that we were with our children and they were all getting along so well with one another that can be contributed to the fact that they do love one another but also that you took away the element of dissagreement by planning every daily activity including who went with whom. Every day was an adventure for us all. Thank you so much Jack. You did a great job!
Unlike other angling locations in Belize, our lodge affords not only the opportunity for world-class fishing, but also chances to explore the many spectacular land/seascapes that make Belize a truly unique destination. Exceptional diving and snorkeling are a stone's throw away and we make all the arrangements for your underwater explorations. For those desiring land-based activities, there are river/jungle tours, Mayan Ruins, and National Parks that we tour daily. Wildlife viewing in Belize is truly unforgettable (tropical birds, iguanas and jesus lizards regularly join us for breakfast).
Jack Trout Fly Fishing provides a rare setting for vacations that are equally enjoyable for both the anglers and non--anglers in your party. The towns of Hopkins, Sittee River and Dangriga provide ample opportunities to interact with local people. You will find Belizeans to be friendly and open-handed. Do not be surprised by an invitation for dinner at a local's home. In Hopkins Village and Dangriga, you will find a variety of eating establishments and night spots.
ARRIVING - Our lodge is most easily reached via commercial aircraft. Travel time to Belize is rarely more than six to seven hours from U.S. mainland. Continental and American Airlines both provide non-stop service from the United States to Belize City. From there it is a fifteen-minute flight to Dangriga via Mayan Airlines (this last leg is a bargain at $95 ). We'll be there to pick you up in Dangriga and transport you to our lodge.
LET US SHUTTLE YOU FROM BELIZE CITY, DANGRIGA, PLACENCIA AIRPORTS – WE CAN TOUR YOU TO ANY AREA OF BELIZE WWW.TOURPLACENCIA.COM
Lodging & Activity Information
Air Conditioned thatched-roof cabanas with large spacious bedrooms, tall cathedral ceilings and full size bathroom facility. This is as nice of a lodge as they come. Large thatched roof main lodge with inside and outside dining and bar. Located close to the village of Hopkins. 40 ft. fresh water swimming pool and another luxury pool with an attached tiki bar. Free use of sea kayaks & bikes. We can tour you to these places also: Mayan River Cave Float, Jaguar Preserve, Dive Glovers Reef or Blue Hole, Snorkeling. Sittee River Boat Tours, Mayan Ruin Tours, Guatemala Tour Day, Water Falls and Mayflower Ruins Tour, Five Blue Lakes National Park. This is definitely a place the whole family can enjoy!
Belize Price List
January 1st through September 1st
Fly Fishing Trips with our Very Experienced Local Fly Fishing Guides from Hopkins Village, Belize. Bones, Permit, Tarpon are what we mainly fish for in a 22 foot professional flats boat.
GUIDED PER DAY FLY FISHING REEF TRIPS (NO LODGING)
1 or 2 Anglers All Day ~ Blue Grounds/South Water Caye $450 1 or 2 Anglers All Day ~ Glovers Reef $500. Extra Angler ~ Blue Grounds/South Water Caye $175 - Glover's Reef $200
5 Star ~ Hopkins Belize Fly Fishing Package
- $3250 per week per person. Double Occupancy.
- 8 days 7 nights 6 days fly fishing or 5 days fly fishing, one day Mayan Cave River Tour. All Meals, Lodging,
- Transportation, Guiding, Flats Boat 2 days out to Glovers Reef with this package.
We can also entertain the Non-Angler with these activities :
Mayan Tours, Scenic River Tours, Snorkeling, Diving Blue Hole or Glover's Reef, Atoll Bar Hopping (Very Popular!!) or Fishing / Atoll Bar Hopping
BELIZE FLY LIST FOR FLY FISHING FLATS & REEFS
BELIZE FLY LIST FOR FLY FISHING FLATS & REEFS
- BELIZE CITY
- HOPKINS VILLAGE
- TURNEFFE ATOLL
- AMBERGRIS CAYES
- SAN PEDRO
- GLOVER'S REEF
- TOBACCO KEYES
- SOUTH WATER CAYES
BONE FISH ~ COLOR ~ SIZE
- CRAZY CHARLIES - WHITE, PINK, TAN & BROWN 8
- MINI PUFFS - PINK 6
- SKINNY WATER CLOUSER'S MINNOW- CHAR/WHITE 6
- (WEEDLESS) TAN/WHITE 6
- BLACK EYED SHRIMP, PALMER'S - PEARL 4
- BONE FISH SCAMPI - PINK / TAN 8
- CHILI PEPPER'S - GOLD 6
- POXY BACK GOLDEN STONES - (BABY LOBSTER) 4
- CLOUSER'S DEEP WATER MINNOW (GLOVER'S REEF USED WITH INTERMEDIATE LINE) - CHARTEUSE/ WHITE 6
- BAUER'S FLATS CRAB - LIGHT OLIVE/TAN 4
- CAPTAIN CRABBY, VEVERKA'S - TAN 4
- CHERNOBYL CRAB, BORSKI'S - TAN 2
- BONE FISH CRITTER - CRAB - 4
- McCRAB, ANDERSON'S - CRAB - 2
- PERMIT CRAB, DEL BROWN'S - TAN/BROWN 4
- SAN PEDRO CRAB, AUSTIN'S - OLIVE / TAN 6/8
- SALT CRAB, WHITLOCK'S - CRAB 4
- TURNIFF CRAB, MATHEWS - OLIVE / CREAM 8, 6 4
- SWIMMING CRAB, BRANHAM'S - TAN 6
- TARPON BUNNY, WYATT'S - OLIVE, BLACK, YELLOW SMALL
- COCKROACH - GREY SMALL
- BLACK DEATH - BLACK SMALL
- BIG EYE TARPON - FURNANCE/SQUIRREL SMALL
- ORANGE BUTT TARPON, BORSKI'S - GREEN SMALL
- LAID-UP TARPON, RUOFF'S - CHARTREUSE - TAN SMALL
- TARPON SNAKE, LEMAY'S - BLACK LARGE
- HOT FLASH MINNOW, BURKE'S - MACEREL / SHAD 4 / 2
- LEFTY'S BIG FISH DECEIVER, KREH'S - BLUE / WHITE 3/0
- GUMMY SAND EEL, CHOCKLETT'S - SILVER 1
- HALF AND HALF, CLOUSER'S/KREH CHARTREUSE 1/0
- FLASHFIRE, SKOK'S - GRAY / WHITE - OLIVE/WHITE 2/0
- GLADES MINNOW. CONNER'S - OLIVE/GREY 4
- E-Z ZONKER, SKOK'S - TAN/PEARL 4
- CLOUSER'S DEEP MINNOW - CHARTREUSE/YELLOW 6
ALL FLIES CAN BE FOUND at http://www.umpqua.com Or call us at 530-926-4540 Enjoy Superb Fly Fishing with Jack Trout Fly Fishing International. We can help you with all your travel needs, FISHING, DIVING, SCENIC TOURS, LODGING and RESERVATIONS. WE HAVE OVER 15 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN SUCCESSFUL BELIZE TRAVEL. CALL US FOR A LIST OF PAST CUSTOMER RECOMMENDATION LIST Many Rivers & Oceans, Jack Trout >~>>})>)(:>
BELIZE AIRLINE & FLIGHT INFORMATION FROM UNITED STATES, CANADA, UNITED KINGDOM
From the United States :
Direct flights to Belize (Philip Goldson) International Airport (BZE) are available from :
Atlanta(ATL):-Delta 1-800-221-1212 http://www.delta.com
Charlotte (CLT):-US Airways 1– 800-428-4322 http://www.usairways.com
Dallas (DFW):-American Airlines 1-800-433-7300 www.aa.com
Houston (IAH): Continental & Group Taca 1-800-523-3273 http://www.continental.com
Miami (MIA): American Airlines 1-800-433-7300
Newark (EWR):-American Airlines 1-800-433-7300 http://www.americanairlines.com
From Canada :
American Airlines for example from Calgary (YYC), Montreal (YUL) or Toronto (YYZ) through Dallas (DFW) to Belize (BZE) – flight times 7hrs:35min, 8hrs:20min & 8hrs:25min respectively.
Or with American Airlines from Ottawa (YOW) through Chicago (ORD) & Dallas (DFW) 9hrs: 40 min. Connecting flights with Continental for example from Calgary; Montreal (YUL); Toronto (YYZ) and Vancouver (YVR) through Houston (IAH) to Belize (BZE) – flight times: 8hrs, 7hrs:44min , 6hrs:23min & 9hrs:53min respectively. Or with Continental from Ottawa (YOW) through Newark (EWR) – flight time 10hrs:16min. Delta Airlines from Toronto via Atlanta – flight time 7 hrs TACA from Toronto via San Salvador 7hrs US Airways from Toronto via Charlotte 7hrs
From the United Kingdom & Continental Europe :
Connecting flights with British Airways – London Heathrow (LHR) via Miami with American Airlines (overnight stay in Miami on outbound flight). Connecting flights with Condor – Frankfurt (FRA) via Cancun with Maya Island Air (overnight stay in Cancun on outbound flight).
Other connecting flights from almost all major European cities through United States gateways to Belize listed above: Atlanta with Delta; Charlotte with US Airways; Dallas:-American Airlines Houston: Continental & Group Taca; Miami: American Airlines and Newark:-American Airlines, all however require overnight stay in US on outbound flight.
Contact details for airlines from Belize :
American Airlines +1 225-4145 www.aa.com
British Airways http://www.ba.com
Continental +1 800-226-3822 http://www.continental.com
Delta +1 225-3423 www.delta.com
Taca +1 225-2163 www.taca.com
US Airways +1 800-622-1015 http://www.usairways.com
Dangriga is located approximately 30 minutes by air from mainland Belize. Daily flights from the Philip Goldson International Airport as well as hourly from the Belize City Municipal Airstrip to Dandriga are provided by the local airlines Maya Island Air http://www.mayaregional.com/ and Tropic Air http://www.tropicair.com/ Tel: Belize +501 226-2012
Guest are met and greeted at Dangriga airstrip and taken with their luggage by one our guides or staff directly to the our lodging, cabin or house – 40 minutes away.
Call us and we can help you set up your flights and make sure your Belizean dream vacation all goes correct! Jack & Carola Trout – Team Belize Jack Trout International
Our Fly Fishing Program
One Day Mayan Cave Float Tour
FLY FISHING CHECKLIST FOR BELIZE
JACK TROUT FLY FISHING INTERNATIONAL
- Flats boots
- Wading booties or sneakers and socks elasticized at the calf
- Hat (s) (long billed, wide brimmed, etc.)
- A good quality pair of Polaroid sunglasses , with straps. Wrap around style gives most complete eye protection.
- Scarf/ Bandanna
- Simms Protective gloves (VERY IMPORTANT)
- Lightweight shirtsLightweight long sleeve shirts
- Lightweight shorts
- Lightweight pants
- Tennis shoes
- Rain Jacket
- Bathing suits
- Fishing towel
- Dew Rag
- Face Protection
- Spray Bottle With Water
- Hand Alcohol
- Peets Coffee & Gold Swiss Filter – Non Dairy Creamer
- Hook hone
- Knot-tying tools
- Waterproof camera
- Large Leatherman / long-nosed pliers
- Swiss Army knife
- Small waterproof flashlight
- Waterproof matches
- Fanny pack
- Water purification tablets
- Water bottles
- Aqua-seal (knot coatings)
- Prescription medications
- First-aid kit
- Sunscreen High factor
- Deet/ insect repellent
- Skin/hand lotion/ moisturizer
- Mask, snorkel, fins
- Regulator and Buoyancy Compensator
THINGS TO DO BEFORE YOU LEAVE:
- Check to see that your passport is valid for up to 3 months past your date of return.
- Advise post office to hold mail.
- Place valuables in safe deposit box.
- Stop delivery of newspapers, milk etc.
- Put away all yard equipment and furniture.
- Put address labels on all baggage (inside and out).
- For the purpose of fast identification, please print name and address legibly on your baggage tags, last name first in capital letters.
- Leave extra house key and itinerary with relative or friend.
- Arrange for pets.
- Check with doctor about malaria prevention and other health concerns.
BEFORE YOU LOCK THE DOOR. HAVE YOU:
- Turned off all appliances and taps?
- Closed and locked windows and doors?
DO YOU HAVE: (DO NOT PACK IN YOUR SUITCASE)
- Domestic air tickets.
- Name tag so you can be identified at the airport.
- Travelers checks and money.
- Luggage keys.
- Camera, film, flash, extra batteries, silica gel packets and zip-lock bags for keeping camera, lens, film and binoculars dry and fungal free.
- Prescription medicines required while traveling.
ESSENTIAL THINGS TO TAKE:
- Favorite remedies for headache, colds, upset stomach, including Lomotil or Pepto Bismol (for lower intestinal distress), nerves, insect bites, skin irritations, motion sickness, etc.
- Special medicines and prescriptions including malaria prophylactic.
- Insect repellent.
- Binoculars and field guides.
- Lightweight rain poncho.
- Small flashlight.
- Alarm clock.
- Zip-lock baggies (quart size, and plastic trash bags for wet clothes).
- Hat with brim for sun protection.
- Ballpoint pen and pad. Sunscreen lotion and chapstick (a must in tropical sun). Mask, fins, snorkel.
USEFUL EXTRAS TO MAKE TRAVELING EASIER:
Kleenex mini packs. Wash n’ Dry pre-moistened towelettes. Towel for supplemental use and between-hotel swims. First aid kit. Postcard address list. Credit cards (For places before and after Cuba, credit card.) Water bottle. Swiss army knife. Field guides and reference materials. Insurance certificates Address and telephone number of whom to contact in case of emergency.
CLOTHING, EQUIPMENT AND IMPORTANT FACTS:
The items on this list represent everything that you will need on your trip. Since space for baggage is often limited in the field, it is important that you do not bring extra items. Your own experience should help you choose individual items, but don’t overestimate the predictability of the weather. On many of our trips you should be prepared for showers and hot sun.
CLOTHING – CASUAL CLOTHES FOR TRAVEL IN CITIES AND AIRPLANES.
- Shirts: Cotton, or light synthetic blend such as those sold by Ex Officio, short-sleeved, or T-shirts; one light long-sleeved
NOTE: Many travelers enjoy purchasing T-shirts throughout their trip and, therefore, pack accordingly.
- Trousers: Jeans or light hiking pants. Shorts can be worn in all places except town.
- Underwear: Cotton is comfortable, synthetic blends dry better overnight.
- Headwear: Light hat with wide brim, including back of neck, for sun protection. Tie under the chin is advisable to prevent possible loss due to wind on boats.
- Foul Weather Gear: Poncho – lightweight but sturdy (with any rain garment make sure the seams are sealed). Small folding umbrella can be useful while walking trails or in boats. Light- weight jacket or wind breaker for nights in the mountains or boat rides. A heavy cotton sweat shirt can be substituted for a windbreaker and feels great on the boat after snorkeling.
- Socks: Cotton, athletic.
- Shoes: Trails are often wet and therefore slippery, so your footwear is important. Walking shoes that grip or two pairs of tennis shoes (in case one pair gets wet and muddy). Flip-flops or shower togs.
NOTE: Most landings on islands are wet landings and we recommend always wearing shoes in the field.
- Swimsuit: An extra swimsuit may be helpful.
SNORKELING / DIVING
NOTE: Snorkeling and diving equipment are available for rent. Due to the difficulty in getting a proper fit it is recommended that you bring your own mask and snorkel.
- Mask: Be sure that it fits properly. (Those with mustaches should bring Vaseline.) The best type is the strap-behind-the-heel type worn with dive booties. Flippers should fit properly because blisters can make marine activities very painful.
NOTE: Those who are new to snorkeling may wish only to use tennis shoes for standing up on rocks in the shallows.
- Booties: Slip-on rubber dive booties protect from blisters and protect ankles against coral scrapes.
- Snorkel: Many varieties are available. Be sure the mouth piece is comfortable.
- Gloves – Cheap artificial leather or cloth garden gloves.
NOTE: IT IS DESTRUCTIVE TO THE REEF TO HANDLE CORAL, SPONGES, ETC. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH!
- Divers: NOTE: You must have your own dive certification card with you.
- Weights and tanks are available for rent.
- Dive light if you are taking a night dive.
- Wet suit jacket or shorty wet suit (optional for those who are cold natured, otherwise use a T-shirt).
- Buoyancy compensator and gauges are required of all divers. Divers should have depth and pressure gauges, watch and knife.
We're Experts In Instructing Beginners To Advance In Fly Fishing, We Service Cruise Ships & Offer Affordable Fly Fishing Day Trips.
2018 Highlights – Give Us A Call To Schedule Your Trip.
Officially Endorsed Fly Fishing Outfitter by Belize Tourism Board
GRAND SLAM CLUB T-SHIRTS - $37 USD
GRAND SLAM CLUB HATS - $35 USD
Name, Date & Location of Grand Slam stitched on the back - $25 USD
+ $5 USD for shipping anywhere in the USA.
WE ACCEPT ALL MAJOR CREDIT CARDS AND PAYPAL.