Transylvania Fly Fishing – Romania
Visit Romania For Day Trips Fly Fishing & Tours – Romania offers some great opportunities for fly fishing in small streams using light weight fly rods for both dry fly and nymphing.
We offer One Day Fly Fishing Trips and Scenic Tour Excursions – We can help you with information on lodging, restaurants and national parks. Let us help you with a customized fly fishing itinerary for Romania, we know all the best places throughout the country.
Transylvanian Alps Is Where The Rivers We Fly Fish In Romania Are Born
We guide on the rivers that flow from the Southern Carpathian Mountains also known as the Transylvanian Alps, which also consist of the mountains that lie in the south-central region of Romania called the Romanian Carpatii Meridionali. From the Carpathian Mountainarc to the Prahova River Valley and on over to to where the River Timis & Cerna Rivers flow, we know and thrive on sharing with you the best locations in all of Romania to fly fish & tour.
Best Months To Fly Fish – May through October Annually.
We like to wade streams & hike rivers to find remote unique places to fly fish. We only do catch and release fly fishing with barbless hooks and all fishermen must carry a valid Romanian fishing license. Let us know your wading skills, we can match any person to any stream that is appropriate based on what they communicate to us. Let us know if you prefer dry fly fishing over nymphing, or prefer to throw streamers and wade hard. We help beginners to experts every season, making your trip the very best is our goal together. We like to think of our clients and our day together fly fishing or touring as a “Team Effort!” Your opinion counts, that’s why we listen twice as much.
- Two people/day 220 Euros or $240 USD, that includes full accommodation, breakfast/lunch/dinner, transport from lodge to river or lake, fully guided trip.
- All of our tours are 8 days/7 nights, including pickup and transfer from airport to lodge, full accommodation for 7 nights (3-4 star cabins), 3 meals /day including drinks (except alcohol drinks), transport around the fishing areas, boats, full guiding (one guide for each 2 clients all day long, i.e. If we have a group of 6 we have 3 guides and so on).
- One full package for one week costs $875 Euros or $950 USD/person.
- We accept groups of maximal 8 clients.
The price does not include: The 2 required fishing licenses, but that is very cheap, like 4USD/Day and if you buy a week license is 10 Euros/12USD per week, the Romanian Fishing Permit needs to be organized 2 weeks before the trip and costs about 40USD. Fly Fishing Rental Gear.
LIST OF FLIES FOR ROMANIA FLY FISHING TRIP
- Scuds Size 18 & 16 Cream, Tan
- Pheasant Tails 18 & 16
- Birds Nest 18, 16 & 14
- Mayfly PMD Nymph 16
- Micro Mayfly Black 18
- Gold Copper John 16
- Poxyback Brown Stone 14
- Poxyback Hairs Ear 14
- Black Beatle Nymph 16
- Black Copper John 16
- Red Copper John 16
- Elk Hair Caddis 16
- Comparadun Mayfly 16 Cream
- Parachute Adams 16
- Goddard Caddis 14
- Fox Poopah 16 Green/Tan
- Light Cahill 16 & 14 Cream
- EC Caddis 16 & 14
- Foam Beatle 16
- Blue Wing Olive 18
- Black Hopper 14
#1 Fly Fishing Outfitter Worldwide On Tripadvisor (Link)
ARRIVING INTO ROMANIA
There are two airports that offer international flights and we can pick you up there. Close to our fly fishing locations are the following airports:
- Cluj-Napoca International Airport (CLJ) Lodging – (Link)
- Sibiu International Airport (SBZ) Lodging – (Link)
- There are also Tirgu Mures Airport (TGM) Timisoara International Airport (TSR) Lodging – (Link)
It is very important for us though that you contact us before you book any flight, so that we can organize your pick-up.
Come and fly fish in Romania by car, bus or by train. In order to help you with more information regarding these travel possibilities, contact us and we’ll discuss the details.
WHAT PAPERS ARE NEEDED?
American and Canadian citizens as well as citizens of Australia, New Zealand and most European countries do not need an entry visa to visit Romania, for stays up to 90 (ninety) days, accumulated during a single visit – or multiple visits – within a six-month period. However, a valid passport is required for all overseas or non-EU visitors. EU citizens can travel to Romania only by having their ID, which should still be valid for other six months.
For more information visit: http://www.mae.ro/en/node/2084 and http://romaniatourism.com/entry-requirements.html.
What We Need From You:
- Date of your arrival & period of your stay,
- City / location of your arrival or stay,
- Do you need our pick-up and transfer services?
- What kind of accommodation do you prefer: 3 star 4 star 5 star hotel?
- Are you travelling alone or accompanied. If accompanied, please state the number of persons you’re travelling with you and if they are interested in fly fishing as well. We always welcome beginners and are very patient and accommodating. Some of our groups fly fish while other are touring scenic areas around Romania.
NATIONAL PARKS IN ROMANIA & WHERE WE GUIDE FLY FISHING & TOURS IN ROMANIA
BEST RESTAURANTS IN TRANSYLVANIA – (LINK)
Ask Us About Our Romania Scenic Tours
Ask Us About Our Transylvanian Herb & Flower Tours A Great Way To Compliment Your Fly Fishing Adventures In Romania
Szentabrahami is a great place to buy souvenirs, teas, herbs, tour the farm - https://www.szentabrahami.ro/en/