ANDROS BAHAMAS – Fly Fishing Guides
One Day Fly Fishing Trips Andros Island, Nassau, Great Abaco Island, Grand Bahamas Island, Long Island
SENIOR HEAD GUIDE & INSTRUCTOR – TOMMY KEE
Description – Our head guide Tommy Kee, has been fishing the waters of Andros Island since his father showed him the secrets of the ocean. Since then Tommy has developed into one of the most famous and coveted guides in all of the Bahamas. He takes pride out on the water in his 18’ Actioncraft 150 HP Yamaha 4 stroke, perfect for outfitting out of, and very professional. Tommy is a family man, with a beautiful wife, 2 boys and a girl, he was born in Andros Island and says, family outings with clients are some his favorite memories. Tommy is a heart & soul kind of guide, with true fly fishing dedication and knowledge, his goal is to make every client one by one, a repeat client for life.
In his near-20 years as a bonefish guide, Solomon has guided throughout the Bahamas – from Exuma to Grand Bahamas – and now specializes in trips around Andros Island, including the remote West Side and the Joulter Cays in the far north of the island. Solomon operates a 17’ Maverick Mirage skiff with a 90hp 4-stroke Yamaha engine – He can pick you up directly from your accommodation. Lunch and drinks can also be arranged if booked in advance.
Bonefish – plentiful and often very big – This will be your primary target when fishing Andros Island’s flats, creeks and bights, but you can expect seasonal shots at permit and tarpon (particularly on the West Side).
One Day Fly Fishing Excursions From Nassau Bahamas – A Leader In Cruise Ship Shore Excursions Since 1994 All Gear & Lunch Provided
We’ll Be There Waiting For You When You Exit Your Cruise Ship In Nassau Bahamas. Simply Exit The Cruise Ship And Walk Over To The First Yellow Building You See Which Is The Festival Place Tourist Center. The Bahamas Ministry Of Tourism – 1st place you see when walk off the ship, Your Guide Will be Waiting There At The Kiosk With a Fishing Net.
We provide memorable fly fishing trips and provide the best fly fishing gear.
The flats around Nassau are excellent for spotting schools of huge bone fish.
We use two guides on all our trips, one guide for spotting bones and other species, one guide to watch the boat when you and your guide are out stalking fish wading out on the flats. We only use the best skiff boats and equipment to provide you with the ultimate experience. Ask us about other shore excursions we provide including tours, snorkeling and more.
LIST OF FLIES FOR FLY FISHING Bahamas
Salt Water Flies
BONE FISH ~ COLOR ~ SIZE
- CRAZY CHARLIES - WHITE, PINK, TAN & BROWN 8 & 6
- MINI PUFFS - PINK 8 & 6
- SKINNY WATER CLOUSER'S MINNOW- CHAR/WHITE 6
- (WEEDLESS) TAN/WHITE 6
- BLACK EYED SHRIMP, PALMER'S - PEARL 4
- BONE FISH SCAMPI - PINK / TAN 8
- CHILI PEPPER'S - GOLD 6
- POXY BACK GOLDEN STONES - (BABY LOBSTER) 4
- CLOUSER'S DEEP WATER MINNOW (GLOVER'S REEF USED WITH INTERMEDIATE LINE) - CHARTEUSE/ WHITE 6
- BAUER'S FLATS CRAB - LIGHT OLIVE/TAN 4
- CAPTAIN CRABBY, VEVERKA'S - TAN 4
- CHERNOBYL CRAB, BORSKI'S - TAN 2
- BONE FISH CRITTER - CRAB - 4
- McCRAB, ANDERSON'S - CRAB - 2
- PERMIT CRAB, DEL BROWN'S - TAN/BROWN 4
- SAN PEDRO CRAB, AUSTIN'S - OLIVE / TAN 6/8
- SALT CRAB, WHITLOCK'S - CRAB 4
- TURNIFF CRAB, MATHEWS - OLIVE / CREAM 8, 6 4
- SWIMMING CRAB, BRANHAM'S - TAN 6
- TARPON BUNNY, WYATT'S - OLIVE, BLACK, YELLOW SMALL
- COCKROACH - GREY SMALL
- BLACK DEATH - BLACK SMALL
- ORANGE BUTT TARPON, BORSKI'S - GREEN SMALL
- LAID-UP TARPON, RUOFF'S - CHARTREUSE - TAN SMALL
- TARPON SNAKE, LEMAY'S - BLACK LARGEHOT FLASH MINNOW, BURKE'S - MACEREL / SHAD 4 / 2
- LEFTY'S BIG FISH DECEIVER, KREH'S - BLUE / WHITE 3/0
- GUMMY SAND EEL, CHOCKLETT'S - SILVER 1
- HALF AND HALF, CLOUSER'S/KREH CHARTREUSE 1/0
- FLASHFIRE, SKOK'S - GRAY / WHITE - OLIVE/WHITE 2/0
- GLADES MINNOW. CONNER'S - OLIVE/GREY 4
- E-Z ZONKER, SKOK'S - TAN/PEARL 4
- CLOUSER'S DEEP MINNOW - CHARTREUSE/YELLOW 6
ALL FLIES CAN BE FOUND at http://www.umpqua.com Or call us at 530-926-4540
Enjoy Superb Fly Fishing with Jack Trout Fly Fishing International. We can help you with all your travel needs, FISHING, DIVING, SCENIC TOURS, LODGING and RESERVATIONS. WE HAVE BEEN OUTFITTING FLY FISHING INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL SINCE 1994.
EXPERIENCE SUCCESSFUL SALTWATER BAHAMAS TRAVEL. CALL US FOR A LIST OF PAST CUSTOMER RECOMMENDATION LIST OR TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS MAY HAVE ABOUT YOUR TRAVEL. YOU WOULD LAND IN ANDROS TOWN AND WE TAKE YOU TO YOUR LODGING. THEN WE’LL PICK YOU UP DAILY AT WERE YOU LODGE TO GO FLY FISHING, A GREAT LUNCH IS INCLUDED. ALL GEAR AND FLIES ARE INCLUDED.
GEAR RECOMMENDATIONS FOR ANDROS BAHAMAS
- Fish species: Permit, Tarpon, Bone Fish
- Fishing season: All Year
- Nearest airport: Nassau, Bahamas
- Recommended fly fishing Tippet & leader Bone Fish: 12lb
- Recommended fly fishing Tippet & leader Tarpon: 40lb to 60lb
- Recommended fly fishing Tippet & leader Permit: 16lb
- Best fly fishing rod Bone Fish: 7 or 8 wt.
- Best fly fishing rod Tarpon: 11 or 12 weight
- Best fly fishing rod Permit: 9 or 10 weight
- Best floating fly lines for Bones : WF Salt Water Rated Lines – 8wt
- Best sinking fly line: Tarpon Lines – 11 / 12 weight intermediate & sink lines – Call for details
- Best floating fly lines for Permit: WF Salt Water Rated Lines 9/10 weight
- DREAM VILLAS ANDROS - http://www.dreamvillasbahamas.com/villas
- TREASURES OF ANDROS - https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/12356386
- TIAMORE PARADISE RESORT - http://www.tiamoresorts.com/
- ANDRO PRIVATE SUITES - http://www.androsprivesuites.com/
- PARADISE ANDROS - http://www.paradiseandros.gr/
ONE DAY FLY FISHING ANDROS BAHAMAS $575 ONE OR TWO ANGLERS – INCLUDES A GREAT LUNCH, FLATS BOAT, 7 TO 8 HOURS ON THE WATER, GEAR PROVIDED IF NEEDED.
*ASK US ABOUT TOMMY’S WEST SIDE ANDROS ISLAND FLAMINGO TOURS FOR NON-ANGLERS & FAMILIES
FLIGHTS INFORMATION FOR BAHAMAS:
FLY FROM YOUR WORLD LOCATION TO NASSAU, BAHAMAS TO ANDROS ISLAND – TAKE A 15 MINUTE FLIGHT ON FLY LEAIR, COSTS ABOUT $125 ROUND TRIP. VERY EASY TRIP WE CAN HELP ARRANGED FOR YOU FOR FREE.
DIRECT FLIGHTS AVAILABLE:
FT. LAUDERDALE TO ANDROS/BERRY ISLANDS
BEST RESTAURANTS ANDROS BAHAMAS:
- Brigadier's Restaurant - http://www.dreamvillasbahamas.com/brigadiers-restaurant
- Oh Andros
- Travellers Rest
- British Colonial Hilton Nassau - http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/bahamas/british-colonial-hilton-nassau-NASHIHH/index.html
BLUE HOLE NATIONAL PARK
Andros has the highest concentration of Blue Hole in the world. Exposed to the elements over thousands of years, the island’s limestone bedrock eroded creating this vast expanse of underwater cave systems. These caves have been found to house many unusual and unique cave fish and invertebrates, some not found anywhere else in the world. This park protects a large quantity of blue holes, surrounding rich coppice and pristine pineland forests and part of Andros’ extensive fresh-water lens.
WEST SIDE NATIONAL PARK
FLY FISHING CHECKLIST FOR Bahamas
JACK TROUT FLY FISHING INTERNATIONAL
- Flats boots
- Wading booties or sneakers and socks elasticized at the calf
- Hat (s) (long billed, wide brimmed, etc.)
- A good quality pair of Polaroid sunglasses , with straps. Wrap around style gives most complete eye protection.
- Scarf/ Bandanna
- Simms Protective gloves (VERY IMPORTANT)
- Lightweight shirtsLightweight long sleeve shirts
- Lightweight shorts
- Lightweight pants
- Tennis shoes
- Rain Jacket
- Bathing suits
- Fishing towel
- Dew Rag
- Face Protection
- Spray Bottle With Water
- Hand Alcohol
- Peets Coffee & Gold Swiss Filter – Non Dairy Creamer
- Hook hone
- Knot-tying tools
- Waterproof camera
- Large Leatherman / long-nosed pliers
- Swiss Army knife
- Small waterproof flashlight
- Waterproof matches
- Fanny pack
- Water purification tablets
- Water bottles
- Aqua-seal (knot coatings)
- Prescription medications
- First-aid kit
- Sunscreen High factor
- Deet/ insect repellent
- Skin/hand lotion/ moisturizer
- Mask, snorkel, fins
- Regulator and Buoyancy Compensator
THINGS TO DO BEFORE YOU LEAVE:
- Check to see that your passport is valid for up to 3 months past your date of return.
- Advise post office to hold mail.
- Place valuables in safe deposit box.
- Stop delivery of newspapers, milk etc.
- Put away all yard equipment and furniture.
- Put address labels on all baggage (inside and out).
- For the purpose of fast identification, please print name and address legibly on your baggage tags, last name first in capital letters.
- Leave extra house key and itinerary with relative or friend.
- Arrange for pets.
- Check with doctor about malaria prevention and other health concerns.
BEFORE YOU LOCK THE DOOR. HAVE YOU:
- Turned off all appliances and taps?
- Closed and locked windows and doors?
DO YOU HAVE: (DO NOT PACK IN YOUR SUITCASE)
- Domestic air tickets.
- Name tag so you can be identified at the airport.
- Travelers checks and money.
- Luggage keys.
- Camera, film, flash, extra batteries, silica gel packets and zip-lock bags for keeping camera, lens, film and binoculars dry and fungal free.
- Prescription medicines required while traveling.
- NO CELL PHONES CUBAN GOVERNMENT TAKES THEM.
ESSENTIAL THINGS TO TAKE:
- Favorite remedies for headache, colds, upset stomach, including Lomotil or Pepto Bismol (for lower intestinal distress), nerves, insect bites, skin irritations, motion sickness, etc.
- Special medicines and prescriptions including malaria prophylactic.
- Insect repellent.
- Binoculars and field guides.
- Lightweight rain poncho.
- Small flashlight.
- Alarm clock.
- Zip-lock baggies (quart size, and plastic trash bags for wet clothes).
- Hat with brim for sun protection.
- Ballpoint pen and pad. Sunscreen lotion and chapstick (a must in tropical sun). Mask, fins, snorkel.
USEFUL EXTRAS TO MAKE TRAVELING EASIER:
Kleenex mini packs. Wash n’ Dry pre-moistened towelettes. Towel for supplemental use and between-hotel swims. First aid kit. Postcard address list. Credit cards (For places before and after Cuba, credit card.) Water bottle. Swiss army knife. Field guides and reference materials. Insurance certificates Address and telephone number of whom to contact in case of emergency.
CLOTHING, EQUIPMENT AND IMPORTANT FACTS:
The items on this list represent everything that you will need on your trip. Since space for baggage is often limited in the field, it is important that you do not bring extra items. Your own experience should help you choose individual items, but don’t overestimate the predictability of the weather. On many of our trips you should be prepared for showers and hot sun.
CLOTHING – CASUAL CLOTHES FOR TRAVEL IN CITIES AND AIRPLANES.
- Shirts: Cotton, or light synthetic blend such as those sold by Ex Officio, short-sleeved, or T-shirts; one light long-sleeved NOTE: Many travelers enjoy purchasing T-shirts throughout their trip and, therefore, pack accordingly.
- Trousers: Jeans or light hiking pants. Shorts can be worn in all places except town.
- Underwear: Cotton is comfortable, synthetic blends dry better overnight.
- Headwear: Light hat with wide brim, including back of neck, for sun protection. Tie under the chin is advisable to prevent possible loss due to wind on boats.
- Foul Weather Gear: Poncho – lightweight but sturdy (with any rain garment make sure the seams are sealed). Small folding umbrella can be useful while walking trails or in boats. Light- weight jacket or wind breaker for nights in the mountains or boat rides. A heavy cotton sweat shirt can be substituted for a windbreaker and feels great on the boat after snorkeling.
- Socks: Cotton, athletic.
- Shoes: Trails are often wet and therefore slippery, so your footwear is important. Walking shoes that grip or two pairs of tennis shoes (in case one pair gets wet and muddy). Flip-flops or shower togs. NOTE: Most landings on islands are wet landings and we recommend always wearing shoes in the field.
- Swimsuit: An extra swimsuit may be helpful.
SNORKELING / DIVING
NOTE: Snorkeling and diving equipment are available for rent. Due to the difficulty in getting a proper fit it is recommended that you bring your own mask and snorkel.
- Mask: Be sure that it fits properly. (Those with mustaches should bring Vaseline.) The best type is the strap-behind-the-heel type worn with dive booties. Flippers should fit properly because blisters can make marine activities very painful. NOTE: Those who are new to snorkeling may wish only to use tennis shoes for standing up on rocks in the shallows.
- Booties: Slip-on rubber dive booties protect from blisters and protect ankles against coral scrapes.
- Snorkel: Many varieties are available. Be sure the mouth piece is comfortable.
- Gloves – Cheap artificial leather or cloth garden gloves. NOTE: IT IS DESTRUCTIVE TO THE REEF TO HANDLE CORAL, SPONGES, ETC. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH!
- Divers: NOTE: You must have your own dive certification card with you.
- Weights and tanks are available for rent.
- Dive light if you are taking a night dive.
- Wet suit jacket or shorty wet suit (optional for those who are cold natured, otherwise use a T-shirt).
- Buoyancy compensator and gauges are required of all divers. Divers should have depth and pressure gauges, watch and knife.